To run WordPress, you’ll need a server. In this lesson, I’ll show you how to register a domain name and set up a web hosting account.
1. Use this hosting discount
- Want HostGator for 1 month free? Enter the code "onemonthcode″ for a discount. If you choose the Baby Monthly plan it should go down to only $0.01. Note that after 1 month it will renew for full price of about $8/month. So if you don’t want to keep this after the class than please just cancel it within a month.
- (OR) Want HostGator for 30% off the lifetime of your account? Enter the code "golongerplease″ instead. (this is a better deal if you plan on keeping the account for longer than a few months).
2. FYI on hosting options
- I strongly suggest you use Hostgator for this class.
- Just to give you some extra context on what's out they're.... a few other providers that I've used for client projects in the past include: Dreamhost, Bluehost, & MediaTemple. It's hard to say one is "better than the other". There all basically the same.
- Hostgator is the recommended host for this class because there customer service is great, server uptime is always high, and its one of the most affordable. It's also the one I personally use on my own projects. If you go with Hostgator know that all accounts are pending review so until reviewed the domain may not work.
- How to host you're Godaddy.com domain on Hostgator