Looking good! In this lesson, I'll show you how to get your website live on the internet for nearly free ($0.01 for the first month) with Hostgator hosting.
1. Use this hosting discount
25% off your first month || Want it for free? — Hostgator offers a 45 cancelation with a 100% refund || Enter the code "onemonthcode″ for the discount. We recommend you start with the "Baby Monthly" plan. If you are only using the site for practice purposes, just cancel it within 45 days for a complete refund.
- (OR) Want HostGator for 30% off the lifetime of your account? Enter the code "golongerplease″ instead. (this is a better deal if you plan on keeping the account for longer than a few months).
2. FYI on hosting options
- I strongly suggest you use Hostgator for this class.
- Just to give you some extra context on what's out there.... a few other providers that I've used for client projects in the past include: Dreamhost, Bluehost, & MediaTemple. It's hard to say one is "better than the other". They're all basically the same.
- Hostgator is the recommended host for this class because their customer service is great, server uptime is always high, and it's one of the most affordable. It's also the one I personally use on my own projects. If you go with Hostgator know that all accounts are pending review so until reviewed the domain may not work.